In March, 415 C.E., a Christian mob, under the control of Bishop Cyril of Alexandria murdered and dismembered the last of the scientists of Alexandria, a young lady named Hypatia. At the time of her death, she was the head of the Platonist school, teaching Philosophy and mathematics to students from all over the known world. After her untimely death, the school was disbanded, aborting over four hundred years of human progress in science and philosophy. Her death also marked the end of the Hellenistic schools of learning that had produced such as Epicurus, Democritus, Pythagoras, Hippocrates, Euclid, Socrates and Plato.
All forms of “pagan” literature, including the works of the ancient Greeks were systematically destroyed by the newly-empowered Christian leaders, and the only reason we know of their works and civilization is due to the efforts of Moslem armies who conquered much of the area during the Christian-induced dark ages.
The Greek civilization was virtually destroyed without a trace by Christians who wanted no competition from pagan philosophy or ideas. Most historians agree that a thousand years or more of scientific progress was lost during the dark ages. For instance, in the first century, Hero of Alexandria built the first example of a working steam engine; 1,500 years later the second one was built!
History has proven that cultures and civilizations can be delicate things subject to destruction from forces either within or without. Within the United States we have what can only be called the American Taliban, a large force that would love to see this country under a Christian version of Sharia law – and they are meeting this weekend in St. Louis.
The How to Take Back America conference, organized by Phyllis Schlafly, includes speeches by such luminaries as Joe the Plumber, Mike Huckabee and Michele Bachmann. Here is a list of the workshops planned for the weekend:
• How to stop abortions: a new approach (DVD: Maafa 21 & Discussion)
• How to counter the homosexual extremist movement
• How to deal with global warming, cap and trade
• How to use New Media technology
• How to stop the entry of illegal aliens and drugs
• How to stop government attacks on parents’ rights
• How to deal with supremacist judges
• How Conservatives Can Use Media to Advance Our Cause: Media 101
• How to stop socialism in health care
• How to defeat attacks on sovereignty by UN treaties
• How to activate your church
• How to use the Internet effectively: Internet 101
• How to deal with vote fraud, the Census, and ACORN
• How to defend America vs. missile attack
• How to lobby legislators
• How to bring youth into the conservative movement
• How to understand Islam
• How to defend traditional marriage and DOMA
• How the media can help us take back America
• How to lobby federal legislation & policy
• How to defeat Con Con, National Popular Vote, ERA
• How to recognize living under Nazis & Communists
• How to stop feminist and gay attacks on the military
• How conservatives can win in 2010
I especially like the one about recognizing Nazis and Communists. The aim of this group is to turn America into one nation under the most repressive god in all of fiction. I mean, have you ever read the Old Testament? This guy has no mercy, he’s like the Terminator!
The most dangerous thing about this is the participation of Mike Huckabee, a (perhaps) legitimate Presidential candidate in 2012. He has deep ties to these people, and has never repudiated any of their whacko extreme theocratic ideas.
Watch for news reports coming out of the conference this weekend, and see how the media spins it. My guess is that they will be referred to as “values voters,” or “Christian activists,” not theocrats or Christian nationalists, which is what they really are.
They make no secret of what it is that they want, which is to establish a “Kingdom of Christ” right here in the United States of America. How is this different from the activities of any other subversive group? They represent a clear and present danger to the United States, and should be treated as such.